Hello and welcome to apple pie recipes. This blog is dedicated to delicious apple pie and recipes that will teach you how to bake it at home. But before we go into the recipes a few things about apple pie.
Where Does The Apple Pie Recipe Come From?
British apple pie recipes go back to the 14th century. Geoffrey Chaucer in 1381 printed the very first apple pie recipe ever. The ingredients for the pie were as he discussed very precisely: good apples, good spices, figs, raisins and pears. He also has included a “cofyn”, which is simply a casing of pastry. The last ingredient, saffron, is used to colour the pie filling. The traditional way to serve apple pie in some parts of England (such as Yorkshire) is with cheese. It is served in additional specific plate. In many Commonwealth countries, apple pie is served with ice cream, custard or double cream depending on the climate and the current season there.
Dutch apple pie recipes are pretty old too. They have their own history which included many facts and myths, which have be retold generation after generation. Dutch apple pie recipes usually include the sense of cinnamon and lemon juice. The first recipes probably appeared in the late 15th century or early 16th century. This is the same time as Renaissance take place on this land. So the nation have the opportunity to create something remindful for ages after. Although it is sometimes eaten cold, the Dutch prefer to eat apple pie warm with a dash of whipped cream or ice cream.
When it comes to crust there are many different way to bake an apple pie there but this is the standard one – strands of dough cover the top of the filling, although the filling is still visible.
There are also some sayings that include apple pie for instance – sometimes when something is ‘typically American’ it is called ‘as American as apple pie’. The saying ‘for mom and apple pie’ was supposedly said by soldiers in World War 2 whenever journalists asked why the soldiers were going to war.
Hope we didn’t bore you to death with this few apple pie facts :). Now for the recipes:
- The Best Apple Pie Recipe? This recipe has two parts. One teaches you how to make apple pie crust and the other part how to make apple pie filling.
- 11 Reasons Why Eating Apples And Apple Pie Is Good For You 11 Reasons why eating apples and apple pie is good for you :)… you know – an apple a day keeps the doctor away. Here we go: An apple consist only 100 calories at most and no fat or sodium. Apples’ pectin can lower the bad cholesterol and may rise up the amount of the good one. The ...
- Simple Apple Pie Recipe This is the most simple apple pie recipe for a delicious apple pie that we all know.
- Tim on 11 Reasons Why Eating Apples And Apple Pie Is Good For You
- Marie on 11 Reasons Why Eating Apples And Apple Pie Is Good For You
- Sandra M. on Simple Apple Pie Recipe
- Leviticus Wood on Simple Apple Pie Recipe